Information Security Blog | Cyber Security Blog
Ransomware is a malware that encrypts contents on infected systems and demands payment in bitcoins.
How is it Spreading?
- WannaCry / WannaCrypt encrypts the files on infected Windows systems.
- There are two key components – a worm and a ransomware package
- It spreads laterally between computers on the same LAN by using a vulnerability in implementations of Server Message Block (SMB) in Windows systems.
- It also spreads through malicious email attachments.
- This exploit is named as ETERNALBLUE.
- Initial ransom was of $300 USD but the group is increasing the ransom demands upto $600 in Bitcoin.