Make your steps better to ensure that the security testing process happens the best.
Method and Reporting
Analyze the testing requirement & understand the Web application that you are testing in depth. Conform that everyone on your testing team knows his or her role to define the testing process.
Second Step: Set-up the Test Environment
Set-up a test environment that is different from development and production environment. It contains different web server, database server, and application server if appropriate
Third Step: Functional testing
Functional Testing is the type of testing done against the business requirements of application. It is a black box type of testing. This is mandatory step in the software testing.
Fourth Step: Interface testing
Interface testing is one of the most important software tests in assuring the quality of software products. Interface is actually software that consists of sets of messages, commands, images, and other features that allow communication between a device and a user.
Fifth Step: Usability testing
Usability testing is important for an application that is used to make manual tasks easier. The application should comply with convenience standards. In case of usability testing, Web site should be simple to use.
Try to follow certain things in case of doing usability testing:
- Correct navigation should be there between web pages.
- Site map should be there.
- Avoid over-crowded content.
- Practice user friendliness to all types of users, from novice to expert.
- Condition hold for physically challenged people.
- Alpha testing: A testing process done by developers in a development environment.
- Beta testing: A testing process done by end-users in deployment or client environment.